Factory holes repaired

I published this shot earlier showing the major opening between the firewall and the cowl. I also found a similar opening on the opposite side of the hood hinge opening – can’t be seen from this shot.

These openings were on both sides of the car. I repaired the inner ones with small pieces of metal that I epoxied in place. The outside holes were a little harder to get at so I used some epoxy gas tank repair putty. It filled the hole nicely and I used a bit to make sure the other side was covered.

I filed the epoxy putty a bit then used automotive seam sealer to finish everything up. Shouldn’t look too bad once primed and painted. Much of the repair will be covered by the fender when I put it back on.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *